Our courses are specifically designed to make the training as informative and enjoyableas possible. All training is independent and covered by fully qualified instructors.
Damage, injury and pain due to poor manual handling techniques is only a lift away - even in the safety of your own home you are at risk.
It is estimated that 1.1 million people in Britain suffer from musculoskeletal disorders (MSD) caused or made worse by their current or past work. Often the MSDs are as a result of manual handling incidents. An estimated 12.3 million working days were lost in one year as a result of such incidents, with each sufferer taking an average of 20 days off.
Nearly all jobs involve some form of manual handling and the use of poor techniques to move material is the most common cause of injury at work.
By the end of this Accredited health and safety training workshop your participants will:
- Be aware of the dangers they face in the working environment
- Be able to explain the make up of and dangers to the spine
- Know how to assess and approach a lift
- Know four different lifting techniques
- Have practised four lifting techniques in a safe environment
This is a 2hr half day course. Contact us via our form page, email [email protected]
or phone 01635 524681